- This event has passed.
Access to Capital 101: Funding Options to Start and Grow Your Business
July 2, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
Presented by Small Business Majority, with Pacific Community Ventures & Main Street Launch
Topics of discussion include:
- An overview of alternative lending options including microloans, SBA’s loan guarantee program, community banks and credit unions, CDFIs, reputable online lenders and crowdfunding
- Borrowers’ Bill of Rights (BBOR)
- Key questions to consider when seeking funding
- Tips to help determine the best option for your small business
- Resources: Main Street Launch, Pacific Community Ventures, Q&A
Pacific Community Ventures is a nonprofit social enterprise that engages small businesses, impact investors, and policymakers to build an economy that works for everyone. PCV empowers small business owners with fair capital, free mentorship, and access to the networks they need to grow their companies, and by working with large institutions to drive investments that create social and environmental good.
Main Street Launch has supported Oakland small businesses since 1979 and is accelerating the effort to support diverse entrepreneurs and the businesses and local jobs they create, using business investment as a primary strategy for creating opportunities for low-to-moderate income Oaklanders to prosper in a rapidly changing city. In Oakland, Main Street Launch is committed to providing access to capital in parity with the community, supporting neighborhood revitalization efforts without displacement, and creating jobs for Oakland’s residents.