- This event has passed.
Small Business Series Part One: Raising Capital to Start to Grow in Oakland
November 8, 2017 @ 7:30 am - 10:00 amFree
Wednesday, November 8
Time: 7:30 – 10 a.m.
Location: SPUR Oakland,1544 Broadway Street
Small business owners in Oakland and the East Bay face many challenges, and chief among these is access to capital. There are several reasons for this, including lack of knowledge about the range of capital sources; scarce technical assistance; shortage of appropriate resources for help with scaling your business; and lack of readiness to comply with lender requirements and the need for guidance about scaling a business for success.
If you face these challenges, we invite you to join us for an informative discussion of small business needs and learn about how to successfully raise capital to start or grow your business, find the right pro bono services for technical support and connect with mentors to help your business grow.
Panel Discussion 1: Business Resources
- Rani Croager with Uptima Business Bootcamp
- Jody Colley with Oakland Grown
- Lee Lambert with Alameda Small Business Development Center
- Representative from Intercity Advisors
Panel Discussion 2: Access to Capital
- Anne Lufkin with Oakland Kiva
- Wil Hobbs with Community Bank of the Bay
- Flor Melara with Main Street Launch
Technical Assistance Fair
- Local lenders and technical assistance providers