- This event has passed.
La Cocina Conference
April 16, 2018 - April 18, 2018
Welcome to La Cocina’s Conference
The La Cocina Conference invites chefs, placemakers, and policy activists to gather around our table for a conversation about the role of food in inclusivity, equity, and economic justice. These conversations will happen by eating through neighborhoods, getting your hands dirty in the kitchens of cooks from around the world, panels and conversations designed to inspire action within our communities and further abroad and delicious, and occasionally uncomfortable, talks at our dinner tables.
JOIN US ON APRIL 16-18 2018 FOR THIS NEWEST EVOLUTION OF OUR CONFERENCE.
If any of the below bullet-points speak to you, we think that you need to be here, to claim a seat at this table:
- You are a chef, cook or consumer who believes that social justice must be a part of our dining culture
- You believe that places can create equitable economic opportunity for everyone, and that food can be a vehicle for that opportunity
- You are an academic, a city planner, government official, or policy maker with a professional interest in how food shapes our cities
- You want the work that you do, in kitchens across this country, to have more impact and more meaning
- You care and want to know more about how to shape communities into equitable cities
- You want to learn from cooks whose voices are too frequently unheard
San Francisco is our home, and, we think, still one of the best food cities in the world. The amount of inspiration here can be overwhelming, and we look forward to overwhelming you. We don’t know the exact dates yet, but will update this site as soon as we do.