In this newsletter:
- Letter From Our CEO
- Credit Tip
- Resource For Your Business: CalSavers
- Thank You To Our Funders
- Resource For Your Business: Gusto
- Advising Corner: Your Business’ Online Presence Matters
- Meet Our Clients: Threadz Culture + Fashion
- Resource For Your Business: Venturize
- Get To Know Andrea Ramirez
- Opportunity For Your Business: Lime Bike
- Upcoming Events For Your Small Business
- Get Connected To Resources
- Welcome Our Newest Clients
- Welcome Our Newest Team Members
- Some tips to help you improve your credit score,
- Information about CalSavers, a program to help small business owners and their employees save for retirement,
- Information about Gusto, a payroll system that offers HR, compliance, and benefits administration to support small businesses,
- An advising column from Katie Taylor about the importance of your business’ online presence,
- Information about Lime Bike, a company that can help you offer perks to your employees, customers, and more,
- Events and resources to support your small business development, and
- Stories about our clients and staff.
Resource For Your Business: CalSavers
Thank You To Our Funders
Resource For Your Business: Gusto
Advising Corner: Your Business’ Online Presence Matters
Katie Taylor is Main Street Launch’s Vice President – Marketing & Executive Projects and offers this tip to help your small business.
Meet Our Clients: Threadz Culture + Fashion
Resource For Your Business: Venturize
Get To Know Andrea Ramirez
Opportunity For Your Business: Lime Bike
Small business owners have many resources available to provide perks to their employees at a low-cost and attract new customers. Lime Bike, a bike and scooter-share company, may be a partner for your business. Located in both Northern and Southern California, Lime Bike engages small business owners in various ways, including as a partner to change their equipment overnight, as a partner to be the pick-up spot for equipment in the mornings, and for perks for employees. Click here to download their flyer, and contact them for more information about small business collaborations.
Get Connected to Resources for your Business
The Alameda County SBDC provides free, one-on-one consulting and trainings to more than 2,000 small businesses in the county each year. Areas covered include raising loan and investment capital, marketing, social media, technology, operations, accounting and industries such as food, restaurant and retail. Click here to sign up at no cost to you.
BusinessAdvising.org connects free expert advisors and mentors to entrepreneurs for tailored, hands-on assistance to grow businesses and create new quality jobs in their communities. Click here to sign up at no cost to you.
Townsquared is a social network that connects neighborhood small businesses to each other. This platform fosters collaboration among businesses and offers a place to share resources and information. Click here to join at no cost to you.
Localwise connects local people to jobs at local businesses. As small businesses are ready to make their first hire or grow their team, Localwise offers a local job community focused on building talent in small businesses. Click here to post a job.
Welcome Our Newest Team Members
Main Street Launch is thrilled to welcome Hang Nguyen to our team and to congratulate Brooke Solomon on her recent promtion. Hang joins our team as our Business Outreach Intern, supporting our work with Shop Oakland Now, with a focus on outreach to the Vietnamese-speaking small business community. Brooke Solomon has transitioned to her new role as Loan Closing Manager, supporting our lending team to get our clients funded. Congratulations, Brooke, and welcome to our team, Hang!