- Letter from Our CEO
- Credit Tip
- Advising Corner: Deciding to Borrow Money
- Celebrating Small Business Weeks 2017
- Meet Our Clients: Millennium Family Entertainment Center
- Get To Know Our Staff: Adrian Gomez Zavala
- Alameda County SBDC: Award Winners
- Main Street Launches Mobile Office
- Opportunity for your Business: ICIC
- Upcoming Events for Your Small Business
- Get Connected to Resources
- Welcome Our Newest Clients
- Welcome Our Newest Team Members
- Some tips to help improve your credit score,
- An advising column about deciding to borrow money for your small business,
- A celebration of the recent Small Business Weeks,
- Events and resources to support your small business development, and
- Stories about our clients and staff.
We wish you an enjoyable summer and look forward to continuing to serve our communities together.
Advising Corner: Deciding to Borrow Money
Paula Groves is Main Street Launch’s Senior Vice President – Business Consulting. She offers this tip to help your business development.
Celebrating Small Business Week 2017
- The City of Oakland honored two of our clients as Legacy Businesses: Gill’s Electric Company and Everett and Jones Barbeque.
- The Small Business Administration honored Tanya Holland and Brown Sugar Kitchen as Emerging Business of the Year for the San Francisco District.
- The Small Business Administration honored Chef Mike Donoho and The Waffle Experience as the Veteran Business Owner of the Year for Northern California.
Small Business Week is a great opportunity to learn about resources for your business, reflect on your opportunities for growth, and meet other entrepreneurs in your community working to achieve their goals. We hope to see you at events next year!
Meet Our Clients: Millennium Family Entertainment Center
Get to Know Adrian Gomez Zavala
Alameda County SBDC: Award Winners
Main Street Launches Mobile Office
Follow us on Twitter to stay tuned about more events with the mobile office.
Opportunity for your Business: ICIC
Click here for the Oakland program fact sheet.
Get Connected to Resources for your Business
The Alameda County SBDC provides free, one-on-one consulting and trainings to more than 2,000 small businesses in the county each year. Areas covered include raising loan and investment capital, marketing, social media, technology, operations, accounting and industries such as food, restaurant and retail. Click here to sign up at no cost to you.
BusinessAdvising.org connects free expert advisors and mentors to entrepreneurs for tailored, hands-on assistance to grow businesses and create new quality jobs in their communities. Click here to sign up at no cost to you.
Townsqd is a social network that connects neighborhood small businesses to each other. This platform fosters collaboration among businesses and offers a place to share resources and information. Click here to join at no cost to you.
Localwise connects local people to jobs at local businesses. As small businesses are ready to make their first hire or grow their team, Localwise offers a local job community focused on building talent in small businesses. Click here to post a job.
Welcome Our Newest Team Members
We’re pleased to welcome Suzanne Schafer to our team, as the new Administrative Assistant for the Alameda County SBDC. Working part-time for ACSBDC, she spends most of her day responding to inquiries from small business owners, managing the organization’s social media, planning events, and on-site support for seminars and events. Click here to learn more about Suzanne.
Add email@example.com to your address book to be sure you never miss any important news!
Visit our website to learn about Oakland Launch, San Francisco Launch, and Veteran Launch.
Powering Dreams. Transforming Communities.
Main Street Launch
2101 Webster Street, Suite 1200, Oakland CA 94612