The City of Oakland has contracted OBDC to build and administer support services for small business currently operating along International Boulevard in Oakland.
The Oakland Business Sustainability Program offers one-on-one, customized services to support businesses before, during, and after the East Bay Bus Rapid Transit construction period.
We can support your business to:
Prepare an Action Plan
- Design a customer communication plan
- Prepare for changes associated with the new Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) line
- Research costs to upgrade your business
Connect with Customers
- Join a merchant directory
- Create a coupon or customer loyalty program
- Create a new website or improve your current site
- Launch a page on Facebook, Yelp, Instagram, or Pinterest
Enhance Curb Appeal
- Get new lighting to make your business safer and more inviting
- Get new signage to improve visibility from the street
- Upgrade new facade to attract new customers
- Complete a remodel to make the most of your space
Improve Your Business’ Finance and Administration
- Obtain a loan for new equipment or remodel or new signage, lighting, or facade upgrades
- Join a Lending Circle to boost your credit
- Apply for a business license or seller’s permit
- Plan for retirement or develop a succession plan
For more information or to schedule your one-on-one appointment today call 510-830-3202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us get the word out about this program to your favorite businesses along International Blvd. Download and print this flyer about our services to share with the business owners you know.
OBDC was founded in 1979 to administer the City of Oakland’s small business loan funds. Since then, we are proud to be an independent, strategic economic development partner to our hometown.