Our intern Brooke Solomon offers tips for business owners in this post.
Today’s customer depends heavily on the internet. It is important to get involved and be active where your customers are. Social media provides a unique opportunity for businesses to share news and updates where there customers are active. However, the challenge is getting your target audience to follow and listen.
Here are some basic tips to get started:
- Understand your customer.
- Age, gender, race, and other demographic characteristics influence what form of social media would most benefit your business.
- Decide who your target market is, and get the appropriate form of social media.
- Post relevant and interest-striking media for your customers to interact with. Promote important events, menus, sales, news, or whatever else may appeal to your business!
- Don’t bore your customer with the same post everyday; people want to see something new!
- Interact with you customer.
- Based on who your customer is, you may want to post specific forms of content, like photos, videos, and various statuses.
- Respond to your customer’s comments on your content. This will show that you care, and it will help you establish an identity for your business and a relationship with that customer.
- Engage with other businesses, and join the conversation on their account. This provides an opportunity for potential clients to find you and see that you’re active on social media and in your business.
- Learn from your customer.
- The customer is always right.
- If you receive positive feedback via social media, make sure to reply and acknowledge their comments.
- If you receive negative feedback, it is even more important to address quickly and professionally. If other customers see this negative review, they may start to question their business with you. However, if you address the issue that was presented with kindness, understanding, and generosity, then potential customers can see that you care about their
Ultimately, respond to all feedback and be active on your account!