In This Issue:
- Message from Chairman of the Advisory Board: Jacob Singer
- Shop Local This Holiday Season: Gift Guide 2016
We are proud to celebrate a great year of supporting veteran-owned and military family-owned small businesses in California. To-date Veteran Launch has:
- Deployed more than $4 million in capital to 32 veteran-owned companies.
- 59% of these companies are new businesses.
- 63% of these companies are minority-owned.
- 47% of these companies are women-owned.
- These small businesses created/sustained 277 jobs.
Thank you for helping us spread the word about Veteran Launch and for your continued service to our communities as small business owners.
Chairman of the Board, Veteran Launch
President & CEO, Main Street Launch
Shop Local This Holiday Season
As you shop for the holidays, consider choosing to shop local for some of your gifts. Buying local has a big impact on our neighborhoods because more money stays in the community.
- Shopping with small businesses produces more tax revenue for community services like education and road repair.
- Local nonprofits receive 250% more support from local businesses than from large businesses.
- More local purchases means less transportation/shipping transit, which is more environmentally friendly.
- Shopping local supports local, quality jobs for our neighbors and friends.
Deciding to buy local for one type of item (like books from your local bookstore) can have a tremendous impact on our communities with minimal impact on your budget. We’ve put together a guide of our clients to help you as you decide where to find your holiday gifts.
Click here for our Holiday Gift Guide, featuring Oakland-based, San Francisco-based, and veteran-owned small businesses.