When you are an owner of a small business, your marketing opportunities may be rather restricted. The majority of campaigns require considerable money investment, which not every entrepreneur can afford. If you aren’t able to spend huge sums on marketing, we’d like to share some low-budget marketing ideas with you.
- Social media. Today, people spend much time at social media. Why not use that to your benefit? Create business accounts on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest and you will definitely receive more attention to your business. Also, while making posts on social media, don’t forget to add hashtags.
- If you have a website, use it for publishing some great content. You may add a blog section to it and publish posts, related to your theme. For example, you can share tips and recommendations or try creating Top 5 or Top 10 lists.
- Video content is really valuable. However, you don’t need to spend much money on creating a video for your site or Youtube. You can do that yourself. In such a way, you may create reviews of your products or services as well as provide your potential clients with some pieces of advice.
- Give free workshops related to your products or services. The more students you invite the more potential new customers you will receive.
- Logo and colors. The logo of your company must be unique and eye-catching so that people can easily recognize it. The brand colors must be relevant to your product or services. You can use the logo not only for advertising, but also for presents and giveaways for your customers. For example, mug printing as well pen or T-shirt printing can do a great job for you.
- Email newsletter. By creating an email newsletter, you will get an astonishing opportunity to stay in contact with your customers and remind them about your company.
- Customer referral program. You may attract new clients with the help of existing ones. For example, you may ask your clients to refer new customers by offering a free product, a free service or a huge discount. You will be surprised by the efficiency of this word-of-mouth method.
- You may create a joint project together with a business, related to your industry, but which is not your competitor. In such a way, both of you can get benefits. For example, it can be a certain event, a promotional giveaway or a webinar. Moreover, you may do cross-promotion with your partners.
- Charitable events. Become a sponsor or participate in local charitable events. It’s a great way to became known in your community and have an image of a kind and passionate company.
- Business cards. Business cards design is very important for your business. Create beautiful business cards, featuring information about your company and contacts. Give them to any person you get in touch with. Though some people may simply throw the card away, someone will surely get interested.
- Use your car for advertising. A great and free place for placing an ad for your business is your own car. Brand your car with a logo and information about your company. Of course, you will need to pay for a paint job, but it’s just one-time payment. Another way to adorn your car is to use stickers or banners.
In a nutshell, these ideas aren’t only low budget, but are also very easy to implement. Their main plus is that you don’t need to hire professionals to do that as everything can be done by you. Moreover, these things are basic for any business. So, even if you have money on a huge advertising campaign, don’t neglect these tips.