Our thanks to everyone who came to help us warm our new office in downtown Oakland. We were proud to host 100 staff, clients, partners, and friends of OBDC, featuring food from a few of our clients. During a brief program, we highlighted our new partnerships and programs, celebrating the work we’ve done for the past 36 years and the work coming up this year.
We encourage everyone to visit the clients they met in our offices on June 11:
- Sabores del Sur now has a physical cafe in Walnut Creek, and you can find their amazing alfajores all over the Bay Area. For the closest location to you, visit their website.
- Kenny’s Heart & Soul, a soul food truck, features delicious home-cooked food that travels to you! Find their next location on twitter or on their website.
- Cafe Underwood offers a co-working community and cafe on 41st and Broadway in Oakland. Eat, drink, collaborate, create.
- Nido offers fresh, farm-to-table Mexican food and drinks. They’re a true neighborhood business, and you can’t beat their delicious plates.
- Taiwan Bento, right around the corner from our office, is where East Asia meets the East Bay. Their Chinese-inspired cuisine will make your mouth water.
- Magnolia Gastropub & Brewery is where everything is brewtiful. Find their seasonal menu on their website before you swing in for a drink.
- The Octopus Literary Salon is a literary salon, re-interpreted in the 21st Century to engage and entertain readers and writers of all ages. Drop in for a meal, for happy hour, or for one of their many events.
To read more about our partnership with Mission Asset Fund, check out our blog. For more about our work with the City of Oakland and the BRT project, check out the post written by OBDC’s Vice President – Business Consulting.
Thanks for helping us celebrate our new office, and for supporting our clients all year long!